[Neasis-l] We need your help! Join NEASIST Program Committee!
remlee at mit.edu
Thu Sep 23 10:38:15 EDT 2010
Are you looking for a way to build your professional network of colleagues and friends? Do you enjoy coming up with ideas for innovative programs.... topics that your peers are just starting to get interested in and would like to learn more about?
Then you will definitely enjoy participating in the NEASIST Program Committee. We always welcome new members. In fact, we've lost a few key members of the Program Committee, so we really need fresh people! We love to plan new programs, but we can't do it without volunteers like you!
Don't worry... if you're not an ASIST member already, you can still attend our meetings and see how you like the group!
We meet once a month at MIT to plan interesting, innovative, and award-winning programs that many of you have attended over the years.
When you join us, you can get involved in all aspects of event planning, for example:
- brainstorm ideas for topics of interest for future programs
- research ideas for people who are good speakers on our topics.
- come up with witty titles for the programs. ("The Library is Dead, Long Live the Library!")
- plan the menus for various events and our annual awards dinner.
- organize and carry out the logistics for each program, everything from name tags, to registering people at the door, to making audio-visual arrangements, and much more.
We plan both formal and informal events, such as:
- all-day conference events, with a lineup of several speakers
- shorter training sessions or hands-on workshops
- community /video watching & discussion events (with pizza), such as our recent TED Talks events
- informal meetups to discuss topics of interest (usually at a local eating/drinking establishment, after work)
- informal book clubs where we discuss books of interest to our profession
- and possible new kinds of events, thought of by you!
We are always looking for new members from throughout the New England area. If you can't make it in person to our meetings at MIT, you can join us on speakerphone or Skype.
More benefits for you:
- You make connections that could lead to future jobs.
- It's a great way to keep up with and learn about new technologies.
- You get to attend the events for free.
- You get to know colleagues from different types of libraries and different types of organizations... this helps spark creative thinking.
- You have fun!
I have been on NEASIST for over 3 years myself, and it's been a great learning experience. I've met so many wonderful colleagues and have had a lot of fun doing it!
Come join us! Our next program committee meeting is on Wednesday, 10/6 from 5:30-6:30 at MIT. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll send directions. Or if that time isn't good for you, and you're interested in joining in the future, let me know!!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Chair, NE ASIS&T
User Experience Librarian
remlee at mit.edu<mailto:remlee at mit.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neasis-l