[Asis-l] Job posting / Virtual Research Analyst
srichards at lac-group.com
Thu Oct 15 18:36:55 EDT 2015
Apologies for the cross postings . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a full-time, experienced, Research Analyst, to work virtually for our Library as a Service (LaaS) platform. The Research Analyst will staff a busy and diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development and other research from LaaS clients. All research and communication will be performed online and by phone, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Analyst will report directly to the Research Manager and work with other analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Research will be delivered directly to clients using a virtual reference desk platform.
This is a full-time virtual position. Candidates can reside in any time zone, but must be able to cover the hours of 9:00AM - 6:00PM or 10:00AM - 7:00PM in the Eastern Time zone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform legal, corporate, business development and other research for LaaS clients using both paid databases (Westlaw, Lexis, Avention, etc.) and open sources (web searches, government databases, phone research, etc.)
* Communicate progress and research findings directly to client clearly and concisely
* Work with clients to clarify research objectives when necessary and provide follow-up on research requests
* Maintain current understanding of research methods and tools, including databases
* Keep Research Manager apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues that arise in the course of research
* Work with other Research Analysts to provide seamless service to clients even when working on complex and long-term projects
* Provide training and updates to research team regarding ongoing client projects
* On occasion, manage small research teams to accomplish more complex research objectives for clients
* Manage database access and other resources used for research
* Other duties as the arise according to client requests
* 3-5 years experience as a researcher in a law firm library, preferably with some business development research experience
* MLS or JD preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/JD
* Advanced legal research skills including but not limited to docket and case law research (both state and federal), secondary sources, and practice guidance
* Experience with corporate and business development research including gathering information from diverse sources (annual reports, SEC filings, Secretary of State records, case law, patent and trademark applications and records, lobbying activity, etc.)
* Extensive experience with Lexis and Westlaw (preferably LexisAdvance and WestlawNext) and ability to quickly learn and navigate other databases including but not limited to Monitor Suite, Avention, Capital IQ, Intelligize and Practical Law.
* Experience with open source research beyond search engine use, including government and non-profit databases, think tanks and academic sources. Must be comfortable calling and emailing sources for information.
* Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication
* Current experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Apply online at: http://goo.gl/JIh0lu
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l