[Asis-l] Electronic Resources/Legal Information Technology Librarian
srichards at lac-group.com
Tue May 5 10:56:51 EDT 2015
Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking an Electronic Resources/Legal Information Technology Librarian to support and administer a law firm's library applications and intranet. This role will assist the library and research manager to identify, evaluate, test, and deploy legal research applications; and support and administer on-line research applications. This position can be worked on-site in any of the following locations: Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Phoenix, AZ.
* Manage all levels of accessibility to e-resources including but not limited to; login credentials, individual and firm wide, and IP authentication;
* Ensure the use and distribution of e-resources conforms to signed agreements and copyright generally;
* Provide support in the ongoing transition towards an electronic law library and virtual research services on a firm wide level;
* Evaluate, test, recommend, and implement new electronic resources and library specific software beneficial to the firm;
* Troubleshoot all issues with electronic resources and resolve problems experienced by legal and non-legal staff;
* Work with practice groups to develop and facilitate training to ensure efficient and effective use of legal information technologies by legal and non-legal staff;
* Process research expenses and upload costs to Elite. Provide technical support needed to conduct cost recovery;
* Travel to other offices as necessary for e-resource deployment, maintenance, and training;
* Coordinate with web developers to develop and maintain library's internal website;
* Liaise with help desk and application engineers to support e-resources. Assist with application testing and upgrades;
* Assessing existing library technology processes and practices and developing a strategy for managing electronic products and services;
* Identifying suitable tools, systems and technology;
* Providing staff training and development;
* Providing services to facilitate on-going technical processes;
* Administrator for library applications, including library catalog and electronic resource manager
* A professional librarian with an ALA-Accredited MLS, or equivalent;
* Database research experience such as, Westlaw, PACER, IntelliConnect, BNA or RIA Checkpoint;
* Excellent oral and written skills;
* Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate collaboration and teamwork; and demonstrated superior customer service skills;
* IT library experience, use of technology to provide solutions
Apply at: http://goo.gl/QBgMKl
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l