[Asis-l] Job Post / Reference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian
srichards at lac-group.com
Fri Dec 18 15:23:07 EST 2015
Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a Reference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian to work on a full-time contract at our client, USAID. The primary duties of this role is to provide reference services at the Reference Desk and through the Knowledge Services Center (KSC) mailbox, manages the interlibrary loan processes, prepares research guides, manages the library's monthly e-newsletter and Google Group, searches commercial databases, trains end users on effective search techniques, conducts copy cataloging, uses social media tools to promote library resources, and makes recommendations for new resources.
* Provides reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases including Nexis, Factiva, EBSCO databases, and Web of Science.
* Manages daily interlibrary loan functions, including selection of document provider; tracking ILL usage statistics and managing interlibrary loan invoices. Collaborates with the E-Resources Librarian to suggest additions to the library collection based on ILL activities and needs.
* Trains clients and staff in effective search techniques for e-resources.
* Investigates researches and participates in implementation of technologies that make it easier for clients to access information resources online without assistance (such as portals and CampusGuide sites).
* Identifies and recommends relevant electronic resources for acquisition and serves as liaison for e-resource vendors.
* Manages the KSC mailbox on a rotating basis by checking the mailbox hourly, acknowledging or forwarding requests, and carrying out due diligence research, database searches, book renewals and other actions in response to requests.
* Participates in library outreach activities such as office presentations and orientations for USAID staff and other user groups aimed at increasing the visibility of the Knowledge Services Center throughout the international development community.
* Manages the current awareness e-newsletter New This Month by writing abstracts of print materials, videos and e-books as well as maintaining the New This Month Google Group. Updates bibliographies each time New This Month is published.
* Performs copy cataloging for input into OCLC using recognized standards
* Uses social media tools such as blogs and wikis to promote Knowledge Services Center products and services.
* Stays abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance, economic development, and development organizations; stays abreast of trends in library and information science.
* Contributes to the reporting requirements of the contract, including inputting monthly statistics into the management information system.
* Other duties as assigned i.e. shelving materials, creating book displays, special projects
* Master's degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited program.
Minimum one year experience providing reference services, with the skills and ability to conduct in-depth reference interviews.
* Experience with online database searching, including but not limited to Nexis, Factiva, EBSCO databases, and Web of Science.
* Experience with customized information delivery and knowledge or/experience with portal services.
* Experience using OCLC system including interlibrary loan functions and cataloging subsystem.
* Copy cataloging and authority control experience a plus.
* Experience with training end users in the effective use of e-resources.
Demonstrated experience with integrated library systems.
* Experience with using social media tools such as wikis, blogs, and collaboration sites to share information.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* U.S. citizenship required
NOTE: Must have or be able to obtain Secrete Clearance.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: http://goo.gl/LMlB0I
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l