[Asis-l] Job Posting / Web and Electronic Resource Librarian / Washington, DC
srichards at lac-group.com
Mon Dec 7 18:32:46 EST 2015
Apologies for the cross postings . . . .
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Web and Electronic Resource Librarian to work at a major Federal Library in the Washington, DC area. The candidate will be expected to do the following:
Majority of time is spent managing the Joint Library's website, with additional time spent maintaining the Database of Databases and supporting the Project Manger in reporting and other supervisory tasks.
* Manage content on the Joint Libraries' websites (internal site, external site and library staff site), ensuring that information is current, accurate, consistent, and accessible
* Conduct usability studies to determine if web services and applications are meeting the needs of user groups
* Assist with the creation and oversight of web policies and standards, and ensure compliance with institutional and liberty policies on web site usage, security and standards.
* Collaborate with library staff and assist them with the development and implementation of new web content and services.
* Participate in the Web Development Team, evaluate and respond to web services support requests, and provide all levels of web related assistance.
* Assemble, distribute and evaluate site analytics using Google Analytics, Omniture or other tools.
* Help maintain timely, accurate data about subscribed electronic resources in Serials Solutions' Knowledge Works by turning on E-Book titles on an ad-hoc basis and assist with communication to Serials Solutions for any needed corrections.
* Maintain the Database of Databases: add new database and cancellation information, update description and access information; keep data in sync with other database inventories.
* Upload journal holdings data into Serials Solutions knowledge base on a monthly basis, and perform other manual corrections to print holdings as needed.
* Communicate to cataloging staff and outreach librarian any changes related to electronic resources acquisitions.
* Monitor Serials Solutions' listserv and communicate to library staff any applicable changes to electronic resources.
* Coordinate the configuration of new e-resources to ensure the accessibility per license arrangement.
* Assist with the development and maintenance of electronic resources policies and procedures.
* Conduct quality control of e-resource links.
* Cover Library Systems Support Helpdesk shifts 2-3 times a week.
* Other duties as assigned.
* MLS or equivalent required.
* A minimum of two years of professional related experience is required.
* Knowledge of web accessibility standards and user-centered design principles.
* Knowledge of usability testing and other ways to evaluate web services.
* Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to write concisely and effectively for the web.
* Experience in e-resource management including workflow, access and delivery.
* Experience with e-resource management tools from Serials Solutions or other vendors.
* Experience with proxy configurations.
* Experience with library applications and different types of library resources, such as the catalog, research databases, electronic journals, and e-books.
* Ability to pass all background checks requested by the client at any period during the contract.
Apply online at: http://goo.gl/VTycgK
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l