[Asis-l] Job Posting / Information Literacy Librarian / Baltimore, MD
srichards at lac-group.com
Thu Nov 20 15:32:26 EST 2014
Apologies for the cross posting . . . .
LAC Group seeks experienced Information Literacy Librarian on behalf of our client, an academic institution located in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a full-time, benefited position, with an immediate start date for the right candidate.
* Interacts with faculty to develop an on-going information literacy education program for the University community;
* Develop formal and informal undergraduate and graduate information literacy activities that will strengthen the number of students graduating from the University with increased life-long learning information skills;
* Provide user-centered library instructions; provide general and specific reference, information, research assistance, and services to individual and groups within the University;
* Develop information literacy tutorials; assists in the development and documentation of library policies and procedures;
* Collect statistics, and participate in collection development activities;
* Serves as liaison to the academic departments and works with faculty;
* Contribute to the profession through librarianship; and performs other duties, as required.
* Masters of Library Science (MLS) from an ALA accredited program;
* Two years of reference and teaching experience in an academic library setting requiring familiarity with current library technologies;
* Knowledge of information literacy technology and learning management systems;
* Knowledge of the latest technology and trends in the field of academic librarianship;
* Practical experience with emerging technologies;
* Must have skills in collection development and program assessment and evaluation;
* Ability to provide excellent customer-service by performing special research requests;
* Ability to work in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment;
* Must have excellent communication skills.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/CeWYHS
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l