[Asis-l] Job Posting / Librarian / Houston, TX
srichards at lac-group.com
Mon Nov 17 16:36:08 EST 2014
Apologies for the cross posting . . . .
LAC Group seeks a dynamic and experienced Librarian for a full-time, benefited position located in Houston, TX. This position is part of the library information center team and is responsible for providing information services and research support in the areas of business, science and technology for an upstream oil and gas company.
* Working autonomously but collaboratively with an engaged and committed group of information professionals;
* Managing contracts, subscriptions and other agreements for providing digital content and electronic resources. This task includes establishing vendor contacts, evaluating products, planning product demos and trials, negotiating terms and pricing, managing licensing renewal, deploying products and evaluating usage;
* Promoting the use of information and library resources through training and outreach activities and through the Library's intranet SharePoint site;
* Providing secondary research through a variety of commercial databases, both business and scientific/technical, especially in the fields of earth sciences and oil and gas literature;
* Tracking topics of strategic interest through industry news monitoring service using online databases, industry information sources, and the Internet;
* Maintaining the Library's SharePoint site;
* Assisting in maintaining the Library's physical collection, including original and copy cataloging of materials;
* Assisting in the acquisition of published information as requested by scientists, engineers, technologists and other professionals.
* Must have a Master's degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent experience;
* Knowledge of relevant science and technology resources through coursework or work experience;
* Understanding of data and information and their use in research;
* Prefer 1-5 years of demonstrated experience preferably in a corporate library, especially in the oil and gas industry;
* Self-starter with ability to work independently within a fast paced environment;
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, OCLC, and relevant research databases: Knovel, Dialog, Factiva, EBSCO, EDS (Discovery);
* SharePoint experience preferred;
* Strong commitment to customer service.
For immediate consideration, please apply at: http://goo.gl/n4859d
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l