[Asis-l] Research Scientist position on Online Learning Analytics (University at Buffalo)
sun3 at buffalo.edu
Thu Nov 20 10:21:01 EST 2014
The University at Buffalo (UB), State University of New York seeks a scholar in online learning analytics to join its newly formed Office of Educational Innovation & Assessment (OEIA). Reporting to Senior Vice-Provost for Academic Affairs, OEIA has a mission to support and guide the campus on issues related to teaching, learning and assessment, and at the same time serves as a nexus for campus wide efforts to further elevate the scholarship of and research support for pedagogical advancement and improved learning. The Research Scientist in online learning analytics will work in the area of Online Learning within OEIA and join a campus-wide network of faculty and researchers working on “big data”. This position is a 12-month 3-year appointment, renewable pending availability of fund and performance. The position may start as early as Jan. 1, 2015 and the search will continue until the position is filled. Applicants with a demonstrated expertise in data mining, machine learning, statistics and online learning analytics are encouraged to apply.
1. Developing a viable research program that attracts external funding and generates peer-reviewed publications;
2. Conducting data mining of the growing online learning database at UB;
3. Develop an annual report or White Paper on status of online learning at UB as well as national and international trends on online learning to inform university policies and directions on online learning.
1. An earned doctorate or ABD in learning analytic, data mining, machine learning, statistics or a relevant field;
2. Experiences working on externally funded projects;
3. Strong communication skills particularly in writing.
Preference will be given to applicants who have university teaching experiences.
For the full position profile and desired qualifications, please visit: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp. The posting number is 1400714
Review of applications will start on Nov. 15th and will continue until the position is filled.
Direct questions to Renee Crandall, reneecra at buffalo.edu<mailto:reneecra at buffalo.edu>, tel. 716-645-1801<tel:716-645-1801>.
Ying Sun, Ph.D.
Department of Library and Information Science
University at Buffalo, SUNY
548 Baldy Hall
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l