[Asis-l] Job Posting / Systems Librarian / Atlanta, GA
srichards at lac-group.com
Fri Oct 18 15:11:47 EDT 2013
Apologies for the cross postings . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a Systems Librarian to work on a contract with a prestigious government institution located in Atlanta, GA.
General Description and Requirements:
The Library and Information Center provides access to online resources and services for government staff located throughout the world. The library collections include physical and digital formats. Print collections include books, journals, microfiche, microfilm, manuscripts, technical reports, pamphlets, brochures, indexes, and other materials on subjects supporting the scientific and research needs of the organization. Digital resources include online journals, databases, indexes, eBooks, vendor-hosted portals with access to datasets, open access content, grey literature, subject portals, training materials, and other digital content. Online library services include document delivery, training, reference and information, mediated literature search request fulfillment, and expert research services.
The intranet provides a web portal for library users to discover and access library collections, resources, and services, as well as, information about library services, resources, and information for non-staff users. The intranet provides several entry-points to print and digital content, including a discovery tool (Ex Libris Primo), library catalog (Ex Libris Voyager), e-journals A-Z list (Ex Libris SFX), databases A-Z list (Ex Libris Metalib), and subject guides and bibliographies (LibGuides). In addition to these systems, the work performed at the nine library locations is supported by an integrated library system (Ex Libris Voyager) with cataloging, circulation, bibliographic management and control, online public access catalog, and acquisitions modules. ILLiad is the system supporting the library DocExpress system that manages document services.
* Host, manage, administer, integrate, and analyze multiple systems supporting library functions, including the integrated library system, document delivery system, openURL resolver system, inventory control and security system, federated and cross-platform search system, resource management and integration system, discovery tool system;
* Create and ensure access to e-resources using tools including or similar to ExLibris SFX, MetaLib, and Primo Central Index;
* Support and maintain integration of ILLiad document delivery system with external systems to support related activities, including the National Library of Medicine, National Network of Libraries of Medicine DOCLINE system and OCLC system;
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues to ensure access, functionality, integration; and access;
* Integrate systems and ensure compliance with organizational network and security requirements;
* Maintain awareness of systems enhancements and developments that could impact workflow;
* Develop training and documentation to share with library staff and library users;
* Collaborate with colleagues to investigate, evaluate, recommend and implement technologies to improve services and optimize information technology resource discovery, access, and use;
* Establish, maintain, and continuously enhance, develop, and update the Library Website;
* Proactively consider the functional, operational, and service needs to develop gateways between the Library's online resources and alternative solutions to optimize performance and access;
* Design, develop, test, implement, troubleshoot and maintain web-based software applications that enhance, integrate and automate library processes and activities using programming languages, apps, standards, editors, and content development systems such as Java, PHP, Perl, Python; Ajax, XML, PHP, SQL, API, Drupal, SharePoint, Dreamweaver;
* Perform routine backups of the development, test and production servers;
* Follow established and emerging institutional guidelines, protocols, and best practices related to web hosting, networking, and security requirements;
* Develop and maintain knowledge of metadata schemes appropriate for digital information;
* Provide technical support for library employees in developing web pages;
* Develop and integrate graphics, multimedia, and online learning modules into Library Website;
* Assist with the maintenance of vendor hosted and locally hosted library systems web interfaces;
* Provide leadership in the research, design and implementation of new Web technologies;
* Contribute to a user-centered service model;
* Liaise with library staff, vendors, and organizational technology agents regarding systems deployment, hardware, and client software upgrades, enhancements, and implementations;
* Create reports as requested by management; assist colleagues in designing and running reports for their own needs; maintain knowledge using management information components of library systems and analytic tools in order to generate metrics reports when needed;
* Design, develop, and implement online instructional tutorials and learning modules to support information literacy needs;
* Provide and sustain ubiquitous access to intranet and internet web / portal content. Outages will be resolved promptly; issues will be documented to support development and maintenance; edits and updates to content will be made promptly;
* Troubleshooting and problem resolution involving policies and / or those impacting workflow or user experience will be reported immediately to leads for the library teams and management;
* Ensure network security requirements are met; document steps completed to ensure network security requirements are met. Respond to requests to support and address related issues in a prompt manner.
* A Master's Degree in Library or Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA accredited University is required;
* Knowledge of standard library practices, precedents and techniques;
* Knowledge of integrated library system (ILS), especially Ex Libris/Voyager; ability to manage, troubleshoot, install patches and updates and interface with vendors;
* Ability to manage web sites and portal sites;
* Understanding of the role of the Library and the needs of its customers;
* Understanding of the role of technology in library functions and services; ability to apply technology in functional area;
* Strong public/customer service orientation;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a diverse community;
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/TDrFjE
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l