[Asis-l] Job Posting / Senior Researcher / Boston, MA
srichards at lac-group.com
Wed Feb 27 17:12:34 EST 2013
LAC Group seeks experienced and service-oriented Senior Researcher on behalf of our client, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. The Senior Researcher will play integral role successfully manage a large number of high volume projects and must thrive in a learning rich, fast-paced, deadline oriented yet thoughtful environment. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a passion of excellence who will mentor and coach more junior staff to foster an environment of apprenticeship and knowledge sharing. S/he will communicate in a clear and concise manner with a positive and engaged face to the customer and will assist in building a loyal customer base for Data and Research Services. Work location is Boston, MA.
* Identifies practical, timely and sometimes innovative research approaches; as needed, clarifies request objectives with internal customers ensuring superior customer service standards throughout all interactions; evaluates data quality
* Demonstrates proficiency in conducting comprehensive and high-quality general and at times, industry-specific research independently (e.g., pattern recognition in research)
* Collects, summarizes and synthesizes relevant data and information into appropriate, concise, timely and highly effective output (e.g., email, word, excel, PPT),
* Successfully manages a large volume of requests in a timely fashion, with high-level of accuracy and organization
* Develops deep expertise in specialized research tools, databases and sources; may focus on specific data classes (e.g., demographics, micro-economics, commodities, etc)
* Takes pro-active role in quality control process for DRS and coaches and mentors more junior staff
* Acts as a backup for the Research Team Leader across multiple layers of responsibilities (e.g., request coordination, scoping, etc)
* Contributes to building "best in class research function" by partnering directly with consultants and Practice Areas to understand knowledge needs; proactively identifies knowledge gaps; suggests improvements in the research process; helps develop the overall DRS service portfolio
* Supports more complex research products (e.g., press packs)
* 4-7+ years of advanced research experience within professional services firms, academia, government or equivalent
* University degree with demonstrated high academic achievement; advanced degree in business research related field is preferred but not required (e.g., Master of Library Science (MLS), etc)
* Proven research and database capabilities; focus on specialized areas a plus
* Potential hours of operation for DRS will be 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Your full-time work schedule will be discussed and confirmed once you join the team and may be subject to modification based on the business needs
* Accuracy and strong attention to detail
* Effective prioritizing and multi-tasking ability
* Superior written/verbal communication skills
* Solid problem-solving orientation, ability to work in a fast-paced, team and customer-oriented environment
* Sound business knowledge; highly developed understanding of research techniques and information sources/databases
* Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To apply: http://goo.gl/MIFkX
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l