[Asis-l] Job Posting / Metadata Specialist / Washington, DC
srichards at lac-group.com
Wed Feb 13 13:38:21 EST 2013
LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Specialist to work on a long-term contract for a prestigious government agency located in Washington, DC. This position includes reconciling existing schemas and vocabularies to create an enterprise schema and vocabulary using appropriate software tools. A successful candidate will have experience in crisp execution of projects; understand the role of standards, structure, content analysis, context, user roles; and information lifecycle management. The candidate is expected to understand and help shape the organization's content strategy, including findability, discovery, usability, dissemination, etc., as well as basic information management principles.
* Develop schemas to standardize the business semantics of the agency;
* Assist in developing content strategies for facilitate interoperability, exchange, findability, discovery, usability, etc.;
* Evaluate software tools to manage the agency's business schema;
* Ability to manage projects crisply and produce deliverables on time and within budget.
* Master's Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent work experience in business or non-profit sectors;
* Significant expertise in developing/managing business semantics, business vocabularies, content strategies, business process analysis, systems analysis, etc.;
* Experience in the areas of content modeling, content analysis, business process analysis, etc.;
* Understanding of emerging information services/technology trends a plus;
* Ability to balance business requests with users growing needs in the development and growth of system taxonomies and metadata;
* Experience with Controlled Reference Sources;
* Business Analysis experience - attending requirement gathering sessions with Stakeholders, extracting information, and managing the requirements process;
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members to meet organizational goals as well as strong sense of urgency with excellent organizational and time management skills;
* Excellent analytical and communication skills;
* Creative problem solving abilities;
* Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, multi-project environment and ability to respond immediately to often changing business priorities;
* Knowledge of a second language is a plus.
To apply: http://goo.gl/4BY05
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l