[Asis-l] Job Posting / Library Technicians / NASA Goddard Library in Greenbelt, MD
srichards at lac-group.com
Fri Feb 8 13:00:23 EST 2013
LAC Group seeks Library Technicians for a contract position at NASA Goddard Library located in Greenbelt, MD. The Library technicians will provide technical support to librarians and other professional library staff for a large journal book collection reduction project. This work is expected to start at the beginning of March, 2013.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
* Physical requirements include and are not limited to lifting boxes of books (50lbs), bending, stretching, carrying, pushing cart, using a step stool;
* Data entry including simple cataloging edits;
* Accurately track and organize materials being deselected and their disposition;
* Reporting the status of the work to management;
* Shelving (familiarity with the LC Classification System), sorting, photocopying, and book processing;
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2 years college education or equivalent experience;
* 1 year relevant work experience;
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
* Ability to work with others in a collaborative setting;
* Experience working with a personal computer and relevant library software, especially Sirsi Unicorn/Symphony (or similar cataloging software).
To apply: http://goo.gl/VdkJI
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l