[Asis-l] Job Posting / Research Specialist / Boston, MA
srichards at lac-group.com
Fri Feb 8 12:39:14 EST 2013
LAC Group seeks a Research Specialist for a prestigious corporate client located in Boston, MA.
Primarily using CourtLink and other online databases and information sources, this position will support the marketing team's case and business development-related research requests. Typical assignments will include: fulfilling expert research requests, retrieving and summarizing information gathered on court cases for consultants' leads, retrieving articles, and searching and preparing summaries of news on legal issues in support of consultant requests. This job is ideal for a candidate who has the intellectual curiosity to be creative; the tenacity to track down needed information; the capacity to filter large amounts of data; and the ability to problem-solve with a very high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Support the Business Development Manager and Senior Business Development Specialist in fulfilling research requests from consulting staff and the marketing team;
* Work closely with all members of the marketing team to provide support on business development outreach and lead generation activities;
* Provide high quality, thoughtful marketing-related research using internal and external research tools including CourtLink, Law360, Bloomberg Law, LexisNexis, and Factiva;
* Assist the research team in lead tracking by updating case dockets, identifying case details (counsel involved, dockets, complaints, etc.), and both creating and updating leads in our CRM system (InterAction);
* Research legal and practice-specific news;
* Using our online databases and news sources, produce news summaries, company/individual dossiers, and industry/practice-specific profiles in support of business development initiatives;
* Assist with various marketing-related efforts, as needed.
* Bachelor's degree and one to two years of professional experience; Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) preferred;
* Ideal candidate will have business research experience in the legal or professional services industry;
* Proficient in searching online research databases; prior experience with LexisNexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law or other online legal databases preferred;
* Interest in legal issues and on cases currently being litigated;
* Must have solid research skills as well as good analytical and critical reasoning skills;
* Must be able to organize, plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and be flexible in order to respond to shifting demands;
* Accuracy, attention to detail, and problem solving ability are critical;
* Must exhibit a desire to learn, participate and take ownership of workload.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/lSOvY
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l