[Asis-l] FW: Job Opportunity - Systems Analyst (Northern California)
srichards at lac-group.com
Fri Jun 15 13:03:04 EDT 2012
LAC Group is seeking a Systems Analyst to join a prominent library technology solutions organization in Northern California. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking to be a contributing member of the Product Development team, while growing their current skill set.
* Tackle technical issues that need to be vetted during design.
* Design and test product installation procedures, with particular focus on the installation of new technologies.
* Prep and lead technical handoffs for support staff.
* Be the domain expert for system and database development line items, which requires knowledge of SQL (particularly Postgres), Apache products, and UNIX.
* Research technical issues encountered in the integration of new technology. This requires a willingness to explore and become the expert in new and unfamiliar technologies.
* Troubleshoot software and configuration problems.
* Automate data conversions, product installs, and maintain scripts and programs.
* Maintain servers used by Product Development.
* Provide technical support for Product Analyst Team.
* MLS or BS in Computer Science.
* Familiarity with library practices and procedures.
* Experience with Library Automation Software.
* UNIX technical support experience.
* Shell Scripting experience.
* Strong UNIX skills, specifically as a development environment.
* Understanding of the OS, system monitoring, and working in the shell.
* Experience with one or more of Apache HTTP server, such as Ant, Tomcat, or Lucene.
* Excellent analytic skills.
* Strong written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Present, learn, and apply new technologies.
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://goo.gl/SED4Z
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/LAC_Jobs
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l