[Asis-l] Call for Workshops: ECIR 2012 - Extended Deadline
rblanco at udc.es
Mon Sep 12 06:48:33 EDT 2011
Call for Workshops: ECIR 2012
**The deadline has been extended to September 19th**
34th European Conference on Information Retrieval
Barcelona, Spain, 1-5 April 2012
Call for Workshops
Proposals are invited for one-day or half-day workshops to be run on the first day of the conference, the 1st of April, 2012. ECIR workshops provide a platform for presenting novel ideals in a less formal and possibly more focused way than the conference itself. We expect that the workshops offer a common forum to engage and encourage researchers (in particular PhD students) to present and discuss their work, and to obtain valuable feedback in an interactive, supportive and friendly environment. The format of each workshop is to be determined by the organisers but we are looking for exciting and dynamic workshops that have significant scope for participant interaction. Researchers and practitioners from all segments of the information retrieval community are invited to submit proposals for review. The organisers of approved workshops are expected to define the workshop's focus, gather and review submissions, and decide upon final program content.
Proposals should be 2-3 pages in length (ACM format), and should contain:
1. the title & abstract of the workshop
2. background, motivation, and appropriateness to ECIR
3. the workshop goals/objectives coupled with desired outcomes
4. the format/structure of the workshop (planned activities and a tentative schedule of events)
5. the intended audience, the selection process for participants, whether it will be a full day or half day workshop, and what resources are required
6. If this workshop is related or follows on from another workshop (if the workshop has been held previously at ECIR or another conference, then the organisers should indicate this and describe briefly past attendance and outcomes, and why another workshop is needed).
7. short bios of the organisers.
8. any other relevant information to support your proposal (i.e. the list of invited speakers, the workshop's philosophy, overall vision, program committee, etc)
The deadline for submitting workshop proposals is the 11th of September, 2011. Submissions to be sent in PDF format to David E. Losada ( david.losada at usc.es ) with subject field "ECIR Workshop". The submissions will undergo peer review and will be selected by the Workshop Program Committee. We anticipate notifications being sent on the 1st of November, 2011.
David Losada (Universidade de Santiago de Compostela)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l