[Asis-l] CIKM 2011 - Call for Industry Event Papers
metzler at isi.edu
Fri Apr 1 02:30:50 EDT 2011
Call for Industry Event Papers - 20th ACM Conference on Information and
Knowledge Management (CIKM), Glasgow, UK, 27th October 2011
This year¹s CIKM conference will include an Industry Event, which will be
held during the regular conference program in parallel with the technical
The Industry Event's objectives are twofold. The first objective is to
present the state-of-the-art in information retrieval, knowledge management,
databases, and data mining, delivered as keynote talks by influential
technical leaders who work in industry. The second objective is to present
interesting, novel and innovative industry developments in these areas.
Industry authors are invited to prepare proposals for presenting
interesting, novel and innovative ideas, and submit these to
industry at cikm2011.org by June 21st 2011. The proposals should contain (with
* Short company portrait (125 words)
* Short CV of the presenter (125 words)
* Title and abstract of the presentation (250 words)
* Reasons why the presentation should be interesting to the CIKM audience
When submitting a proposal, please bear in mind the following:
* Ensure the presentation is relevant to the CIKM audience (the Call for
Papers gives a good idea of the conference scope).
* Try to highlight interesting R&D challenges in the work you present.
Please do not present a sales pitch.
* All slides will be made public (no confidential information on the slides;
you will be expected to ensure your slides are approved by your company
before being presented).
* Presenters may opt to have their presentation videoed and made public, and
if so, the presenter will be asked to sign a release form.
We look forward to receiving your submissions, and welcoming you to the CIKM
2011 Conference and Industry Event.
21 June 2011: Industry Event paper proposals due
19 July 2011: Notifications sent
27 October 2011: Industry Event
24-28 October 2011: CIKM conference
Industry Track Co-Chairs:
Daniel Tunkelang, LinkedIn, USA
Tony Russell-Rose, Endeca, UK
Further details: http://www.cikm2011.org/industryevent
More information about the Asis-l