[Asis-l] FW: Call for Papers - Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL2010 - June 21-25, 2010 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - Submissions now open
junus at mail.lib.msu.edu
Tue Jan 5 09:46:07 EST 2010
[forwarded by request --ranti.]
=====Begin forwarded message=====
From: Carl Lagoze <clagoze at gmail.com>
To: Carl Lagoze <cjl2 at cornell.edu>
Subject: Call for Papers - Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2010 - June 21-25, 2010 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - Submissions now open
Apologies for duplication - please forward to other appropriate lists
Call for Papers
Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2010
June 21-25, 2010 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Sponsored by ACM SIGIR, ACM SIGWEB, ASIS&T, and IEEE-CS TCDL
The ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) is the major international research forum focused on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, and social issues. JCDL encompasses the many meanings of the term "digital libraries", including (but not limited to) new forms of information institutions; operational information systems with all manner of digital content; new means of selecting, collecting, organizing, distributing, and evaluating digital content; and theoretical models of information media, including document genres and electronic publishing. Digital libraries are distinguished from information retrieval systems because they include more types of media, provide additional functionality and services, and include other stages of the information life cycle, from creation through use. Digital libraries can also be viewed as an extension of the services libraries currently provide.
The theme of JCL 2010 is "Digital Libraries - 10 years past, 10 years forward, a 2020 vision". This theme reflects the fact that the context in which digital libraries were originally conceived has significantly changed in the context of new information models embodied in Web 2.0 and popular social networking applications. In this spirit, we are especially interested in papers that address and demonstrate new models of collaborative, participatory information interaction increasingly ubiquitous in the Web 2.0 context.
JCDL 2010 invites submissions of papers and proposals for posters, demonstrations, tutorials, and workshops that will make the conference an exciting and creative event to attend. As always, the conference welcomes contributions from all the fields that intersect to enable Digital Libraries. Topics include, but are not limited to:
· Collaborative and participatory information environments
· Cyberinfrastructure architectures, applications, and deployments
· Data mining/extraction of structure from networked information
· Digital library and Web Science curriculum development
· Evaluation of online information environments
· Impact and evaluation of digital information in education
· Information policy and copyright law
· Personal digital information management
· Retrieval and browsing
· Social networks and networked information
· Social-technical perspectives of digital information
· Studies of human factors in networked information
· Systems, algorithms, and models for data preservation
· Theoretical models of information interaction and organization
· Visualization of large-scale information environments
* All papers are due Monday, January 25, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
* Demonstration submissions are due Monday, February 1, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
* Tutorial proposals are due Monday, February 1, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
* Poster submissions are due Monday, February 8, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
* Workshop proposals are due Monday, February 15, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
* Notification of acceptance to authors by March 15, 2010.
* Doctoral consortium abstracts are due Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
Submission and Formatting Instructions are available at:
=====End forwarded message=====
Systems Librarian, Electronic Resources
Michigan State University Libraries
100 Main Library
East Lansing, MI 48824-1048
More information about the Asis-l