[Asis-l] Position Available: Senior Digital Librarian / Information Scientist (Reston, VA)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Tue Nov 27 19:44:50 EST 2007
LAC sees a Senior Digital Librarian / Information Scientist for our client in Reston, VA. The Librarian will to help build a web-based partnership that will make biodiversity and ecosystems information more available. Responsibilities will include helping to build content, respond to user requirements, and building the knowledge organization including selection/implementation of content standards and conducting user testing. We are looking for someone who will take initiative and whose expertise will be used to build and make strategic decisions.
* MLS with computer or information science expertise and experience;
* Minimum of 5 years experience, preferably building electronic libraries or a related context;
* Requires understanding of digital formats, conversion alternatives, metadata standards;
* Knowledge of access and navigation tools and approaches and institutional repository and digital preservation issues;
* Experience with digitization and multi-media/non-text formats;
* Must work well in teams and with a variety of people and cultures;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Excellent analytical skills;
* Ability and interest in working in a team environment;
* Self motivated, high energy and ability to multi-task;
* Must be available to travel domestically and internationally;
* Experience working with scientific communities;
* Biodiversity / Biology / Ecology / Conservation Biology background;
* Computer Science / GIS / ESRI experience;
* If you would like more information or would like to apply, please email resume and cover letter to Patty De Anda, pdeanda at libraryassociates.com, with a courtesy copy to Keith Gurtzweiler, keith at libraryassociates.com.
* Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.
More information about the Asis-l