[Asis-l] Call for Papers and Posters -- Pre-ICIS SIGHCI Workshop 2007
thess at cbe.wsu.edu
Thu May 10 18:54:45 EDT 2007
CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS (apologies for cross-postings)
- Posted on behalf of Weiyin Hong
The Sixth Annual Pre-ICIS Workshop on HCI Research in MIS
Sponsored by AIS SIGHCI (http://sigs.aisnet.org/sighci/)
*** Saturday, December 8, 2007 (One day workshop) Montréal, Canada ***
- Submissions due: August 24, 2007
- Acceptance Notification: October 8, 2007
- Extended Abstracts Due for Proceedings: October 22, 2007
- Workshop: December 8, 2007
Building upon past successes of the pre-ICIS HCI/MIS workshops as well as the tremendous interest in broad HCI issues exhibited by MIS colleagues, the AIS SIGHCI will hold its sixth annual pre-ICIS HCI/MIS research workshop prior to ICIS 2007 in Montréal, Canada on December 8, 2007.
The objective of the workshop is to provide an open and constructive discussion forum of important HCI research in Information Systems that addresses the ways humans interact with information, technologies, and tasks - especially in business, managerial, organizational, social and/or cultural contexts. HCI in MIS is concerned with the macro level (versus the micro level) of Human-Computer Interaction analysis.
Professor Fred D. Davis, David D. Glass Chair in Information Systems, Department Chair of Information Systems, Sam M. Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas.
SPECIAL THEME PAPERS OF JAIS:
The best, completed research papers from the workshop will be fast-tracked for publication consideration in the Journal of the Association for information Systems (JAIS) - http://jais.isworld.org.
This year, the workshop will be accepting high quality research papers (completed research or research-in-progress papers) and posters that describe novel, early, and creative research ideas. The submissions should not be currently under review elsewhere and the papers/posters should have not appeared elsewhere.
Maximum length: Completed research papers, research-in-progress papers, and posters must not exceed 14, 7, and 3 single-spaced pages, respectively. The page limit includes all text, figures, and tables, but does not include the cover page, abstract, keywords, and references.
File Formats: Only Word file formats will be accepted. All submissions must be formatted for 8.5 x 11 inch paper (1 inch = 2.5 cm) and have 1 inch margins all around. Please use Times New Roman 12-point font with single spacing for the body of the paper. The first page of the manuscript should have a title, the type of the submission (complete research, research in progress, or poster), total word count of the submission, an abstract of 150 words or less, and a list of 5-6 keywords.
Submissions will undergo a double-blind review process. Authors should agree to provide timely reviews of at most two other submissions, if requested. Manuscripts should be in MS Word format and be submitted as email attachments to the workshop program co-chairs (see below) with the subject heading "HCI/MIS workshop submission." Authors can use the body of the email as the cover letter for the submission and should ensure that their identities do not appear in any part of the manuscript.
Paul Benjamin Lowry (Paul.Lowry.PhD at gmail.com),
Khawaja Saeed (Khawaja.Saeed at wichita.edu),
Susan Wiedenbeck (susan.wiedenbeck at ischool.drexel.edu),
- Weiyin Hong, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (whong at unlv.nevada.edu)
- Eleanor T. Loiacono, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (eloiacon at wpi.edu)
- Paul Benjamin Lowry, Brigham Young University (paul.lowry at byu.edu)
- Khawaja Saeed, Wichita State University (Khawaja.Saeed at wichita.edu)
- Susan Wiedenbeck, Drexel University (susan.wiedenbeck at ischool.drexel.edu)
Local Arrangement Committee:
- Andrea Everard, University of Delaware (everarda at lerner.udel.edu)
- Soussan Djamasbi, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (djamasbi at wpi.edu)
- Ann Fruhling, University of Nebraska, Omaha (afruhling at mail.unomaha.edu)
Workshop Advisory Committee:
- Izak Benbasat, University of British Columbia
- Dennis Galletta, University of Pittsburgh
- Kalle Lyytinen, Case Western Reserve University
- Kenneth Kozar, University of Colorado
- Scott McCoy, College of William & Mary
- Fiona Nah, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Joe Valacich, Washington State University
- Ping Zhang, Syracuse University
- Jane Carey, Arizona State University West
- Traci Hess, Washington State University
Please contact the workshop co-chairs for additional workshop information.
Weiyin Hong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of MIS
Department of Management Information Systems
College of Business
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 Maryland Parkway, P.O. Box 456034
Las Vegas, NV 89154-6034
Phone: (702) 895-2778
Fax: (702) 895-0802
Email: whong at unlv.nevada.edu
Eleanor T. Loiacono, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of MIS
Department of Management
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Phone: (508) 831-5206
Fax: (508) 831-5720
Email: eloiacon at wpi.edu
More information about the Asis-l