[Asis-l] Position Available: Content Manager (Washington DC)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Wed Apr 4 20:08:26 EDT 2007
Library Associates Companies seeks qualified candidates to assume the role of Content Manager for our client in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have prior management experience and will excel in a dynamic environment.
* Manage a team of subject matter experts, and co-ordinate with other groups and organizations in the capture, publishing, and training in content submission;
* Coordinate the creation, review and update of new and existing content for websites managed by the organization.
* Manage the day-to-day information submission and updating activities on the web sites;
* Ensure the currency, quality and interacy of the documents published;
* Manage the update of organizational taxonomies, and maintain metadata standards in applications and content;
* Create and apply categorization models, organizational glossaries and search engine thesauri;
* Analyze and recommend content strategies that will facilitate and optimize search functions on sites managed by the company;
* Provide content management support to the Technology and Knowledge Management functions;
* Keep up to date with and implement best practices in usability, page design and writing for the web;
* Perform additional duties as needed or requested
* 4-6 years of relevant content management and web publishing experience (e.g. Vignette, Stillest, LWCM, Documentum);
* 2-3 years of project management experience;
* 2-3 years experience managing people both in teams and across teams;
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
* Ability to create and manage processes to ensure comprehensive and consistent workflow;
* Strong analytical capabilities with capacity to propose novel solutions to problems;
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
* Capacity for rigorous attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture;
* MLS degree or similar strongly preferred;
* IT qualification(s) preferred.
For immediate consideration, please apply using our online registration at www.libraryassociates.com and using the "INQUIRE" function for this position. You can also send your resume and cover letter to Jacques Domenge. Please remember to include the job number (#655) in your email or cover letter.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.
More information about the Asis-l