[Asis-l] Knowledge Manager - Communications and Media, McLean VA, USA
Mandy.Baldridge at infocurrent.com
Mandy.Baldridge at infocurrent.com
Thu Sep 23 12:57:43 EDT 2004
Knowledge Manager, Communications and Media industry group
Our client, the premier provider of executive-level search and leadership
consulting services, seeks a knowledge manager for the communications and
media group located in McLean, VA. The successful candidate will have
experience in the industry, and in providing leadership in a team
environment and ideally will have led the development of sales, marketing
and /or business development products that increased the organization's
visibility and success in the marketplace.
The KM, Communications/Media Industry Groups will be responsible for:
* Leading the transformation of information management
activities within the Communications and Media Content, Entertainment,
Leisure & Hospitality global industry groups. Communications includes
wireless, wireline, equipment (systems and component), cable (MSO) and ISP
markets among others.
* Providing proactive business intelligence that will help
drive client and business development activities; will create value-add
processes and products to supplement and in some cases stimulate the
practice's business development efforts.
* Acting as a change manager within the Communications/Media
industry groups to facilitate the acceptance of new research and business
* Coordinating with search teams and the KMC on talent
development, value-added business analysis, and other business initiatives.
* Working with the other KMs and the Business Process
Reengineering Team, responsible for developing the detailed project plans
for the beta programs as well as measuring and reporting on the results.
* Utilizing metrics to report on success of talent banks and
other KMC efforts.
* Directing data mining initiatives to determine gaps in our
system relative to current and future search needs.
* Managing research activities of KMC researchers, ensuring
that they are using the best resources and continuing to identify and build
our knowledge of the industry-specific resources.
* Developing marketing and business development products that
demonstrate our knowledge and success in the marketplace for
Communications/Media products and services.
* Monitoring, tracking and distributing overall human capital
and compensation trends by market.
The Knowledge Manager must have an established track record of creatively
developing solutions to information needs, both strategically and in
practice. The ideal candidate for this role must be an entrepreneurial
self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of information work in a
dynamic and changing environment. The KM must enjoy shaping the service
delivery processes, contributing to the development of support tools and
building successful teams to meet the needs of the Communications and Media
Industry Groups. A high level of comfort with the ambiguity and uncertainty
that comes with rapid growth and change is essential. The KM will also act
as a change manager within their practice area so confidence and leadership
skills are critical for success.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have:
* At least five years of experience in a role collecting,
synthesizing and disseminating value-added information in functions such as
investment research, market research, competitive intelligence, strategic
planning, strategic consulting or business information services/publishing.
* Experience either working in or serving the communications
and/or media industry; extensive knowledge of business concepts and
terminology in communications/media, and an understanding of typical
communications/media industry organization structures.
* Strong track record of working in a team environment where
ability to manage client expectations, and maintain service levels and
customer satisfaction is essential, and rapid response to business
opportunities and just-in-time product delivery are key components.
* Experience in creating and implementing new business
services for internal clients.
* Experience working with a geographically dispersed client
* Superior analytic and conceptual capabilities combined with
* Effective verbal and written skills.
* A detail-oriented and organized approach.
* Adeptness with various computing platforms and familiarity
with database management software, Internet-based software and office
productivity software, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
* Initiative, creativity and resourcefulness; a self-starter.
* Strong administrative, tactical and technical skills.
* A professional demeanor; must be able to effectively partner
with Partners, Management, search teams, KMC employees and other KMs.
* High ethical standards.
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment; high energy.
* An undergraduate degree is required; a masters degree is
* Full-time experience in a search execution (i.e. Associate)
role, with emphasis on research is desired, but not required.
For consideration please forward your resume in confidence to:
Mandy.Baldridge at Infocurrent.com
InfoCurrent Information Management Placement
Toll Free 1 800 507-5355
Fax 713 297-8254
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying
to the message and deleting it from your computer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Asis-l