[Asis-l] Global Information Village Plaza
Michel J. Menou
Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 9 09:54:06 EST 2002
You will find below the list of themes that came out of the online discussion.
The Plaza will be open Tuesday November 19 from noon to one.
Room to be announced
Come and share your ideas
If you are busy with ther business there should be a "free expression" board in
the registration area. You can also come to the Plaza and stick a note with your
dearest ideas on the appropriate poster
See you in Philadelphia
1. In the global information society what will be radically changed in our
professional lives and why?
1. So many things, amazing is n't it?
2. Linguistic diversity
3. Multi culturalism
4. Becoming information rich at a click
5. Coping with information overload & pollution
6. Saving the public sphere
7. Technology pushing changes
8. Not everybody has the chance to be the son of an Inuit mother (don't forget
people with disabilities)
9. New patterns of work
10. Ict neo colonialsm
11. More interaction with peers
12. New social responsibilities
13. Keep learning or die
2. In the global information society what should you do in order to cope with
the change(s) in professional lives?
1. Learn learn learn
2. Learn critically
3. Become a smart ict user
4. Become sensitive to cultural & international variations
5. Learn languages
6. Network for action
7. Belong to professional societies
8. Change yourself & your practice
3. In the global information society what should the information science &
technology community do to help you cope with the change in professional
1. Proactively support learning
2. Become more international
3. Broaden ict access
4. In the global information society what should the information science &
technology community do to help itself cope with change in professional
1. Lead change
2. Become more open
4. Make it safer, idiot!
5. Make it simple, idiot!
6. Make it cheaper, idiot!
7. Become multi-lingual & -cultural
8. Turn table for a demand driven ict development
9. Become ethical
5. In the global information society what in your opinion will be radically
changed in personal lives and why?
1. More pressure
2. Need to keep abreast with ict
3. More opportunities for social involvement
4. More inequalities
5. More and different communication
6. Rise of multi-culturalism
7. More intrusions
8. New forms of entertainment
6. In the global information society what should you do in order to cope with
the change in personal lives?
1. Keep socializing
2. Seek personal development
3. Keep learning
7. In the global information society what should the information science &
technology community do to help cope with the change in personal lives ?
1. (re-)Gain leadership
2. Seek multidisciplinarity
3. Promote information culture
4. Appropriate & friendly systems
More information about the Asis-l