[Asis-l] job posting-Manager Technical Services-Los Angeles, CA
JSams at infocurrent.com
Thu May 30 11:20:59 EDT 2002
Please post the following position. Thanks.
May 28, 2002
MANAGER - TECHNICAL SERVICES
Our client, a global investment management firm located in Los Angeles, is
seeking to fill a newly created position of Technical Services Supervisor
for their busy research library. You will be responsible for all activities
involved in collection development, acquisitions, cataloging and
distribution of print and electronic resources for the corporate associates
and libraries. This company prides itself on an excellent service oriented
work environment and long term commitment by staff.
* Supervising subscription, selection, ordering, renewals, routing and
other related processes - including budgetary responsibilities, and staff
* Collaboration with Business Research Specialists on materials
* Contribute to the Library web page on new materials and services
* Interact with corporate IT group to develop new library services,
systems and technologies
* MLS preferred with 3+yrs managing a library tech services
department. Corporate experience preferred but qualified candidates from
other library environments will be considered if they can successfully prove
the ability to make the transition to a corporate environment.
* Business research experience and knowledge of financial services
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to produce comprehensive written communications.
* Knowledge of current tends in library related technical services and
ability to be proactive in evaluating, designing and implementing new
* Strong customer service orientation and team participatory skills
* Excellent computer skills including Lotus Notes and Sydney Plus
Salary is generous and commensurate with qualifications. Excellent
benefits including performance based bonus incentives, company contributed
retirement plan, eligibility for tuition assistance and commuting
subsidies. Relocation reimbursement will be considered for the right
Interviews will be conducted at the SLA meeting in Los Angeles for those in
Resumes as WORD attachment only with cover letter and salary requirements.
Resumes in other formats will not be considered and ZIP files will not be
1156 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
nylibrary at infocurrent.com
Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying
to the message and deleting it from your computer.
More information about the Asis-l